I'm a molecular physiologist interested in elucidate the molecular and cellular mechanisms controlling whole-plant Water-Use Efficiency, water-potential homeostasis and crop productivity, under normal and abiotic stress conditions. Mainly we focused in small membrane proteins which function as water channels – Aquaporins (AQPs).
Our research hypothesis is that AQPs might be good candidates for controlling the plant's osmotic and hydraulic conductivity, and since some AQPs have been reported to conduct CO2, there was a strong likelihood that they could be used to improve osmotic stress tolerance and Water-Use Efficiency in plants (Our agricultural model plant is tomato (Solanum lycopersicom)).
- The role of Solanaceae aquaporins in improving plant vigor, abiotic stress tolerance and yield production.
- The regulatory role of aquaporins in controlling plant cell water permeability.
- Developing a high-throughput automated screening system for the on-line collection and analysis of data from many plants simultaneously. Pinpointing plants showing improved transpiration-use efficiency under normal and stress conditions at an early developmental stage.
- Development of quantitative criteria to screen forest trees regarding their resistance to water deficiency and water-use efficiency.
- The role of C3 bundle-sheath cells as the plant's first line of defense against embolisms and as a sensor for stress-induced ABA.
- Kelly GS, David-Schwartz Rt, Sade NS, Moshelion MC, Levi AS, Alchanatis VC, and Granot DPI (2012). High level of AtHXK1 expression uncouples hexokinase1-dependent sugar signaling from exogenous sugar; discovering new roles of AtHXK1. Plant Physiology, 159, 47-51.
- Sade N, Gebremedhin A, Moshelion M (2012). Risk-taking plants: Anisohydric behavior as a stress-resistance trait. Plant Signaling and Behavior (In press).
- Lamdan. N.L., Attia. Z., Moran. N., Moshelion. M. (2012) The Arabidopsis-related halophyte Thellungiella halophila:boron tolerance via boron complexation with metabolites? Plant, Cell & Environment 35, 735–746.
- Shatil-Cohen A and Moshelion M (2012) Smart pipes: The bundle sheath role as xylem-mesophyll barrier. Plant Signaling and Behavior (In press).
- Shatil-Cohen A, Attia Z and Moshelion M. (2011) Bundle-sheath cell regulation of xylem-mesophyll water transport via aquaporins under drought stress: a target of xylem-borne ABA? The Plant Journal 67: 72–80.
- Burko, Y., Geva, Y., Refael-Cohen, A. , Shleizer-Burko, S. , Shani, E. , Berger, Y. , Halon, E., Chuck, G. Moshelion, M and Ori, N. (2011) ZRIZI MATE-type transporter is an organelle transporter that enhances organ initiation. Plant and Cell Physiology, 52: 518-527.
- Wallach R, Da-costa N, Raviv M and Moshelion M (2010) Development of autonomous, self-regulated oscillations in transpiration rate of a whole tomato plant under water stress Journal of Experimental Botany 61:3439–3449.
- Sade N, Gebretsadik M, Seligmann R, Schwartz A, Wallach R and Moshelion M (2010). The role of tobacco aquaporin 1 in improving water-use efficiency, hydraulic conductivity and yield production under salt stresses. Plant Physiology 152:1-10.
- Moshelion M, Hachez C, Martin A.B, Cavez D , Bajji M, Jung R and Chaumont F (2009) Membrane water permeability and aquaporin expression increase during growth of maize suspension cultured cells. Plant, Cell and Environment 32:1334-45.
- Maymon I, Greenboim-Wainberg Y, Sagiv S, Kieber J, Moshelion M, Olszewski N and Weiss D. (2009) Cytosolic activity of SPINDLY implies the existence of a DELLA-independent gibberellin-response pathway. The Plant Journal 58, 979–988.
- Sade N, Vinocur J. B, Diber A, Shatil A, Ronen G, Nissan H, Wallach R Karchi H and Moshelion M. (2009) Improving plant stress-tolerance and yield production: is the tonoplast aquaporin SlTIP2;2 a key to isohydric to anisohydric conversion? New Phytologist. 181: 651–661.
- Ashkenazi M, Bader G, Kuchinsky A, Moshelion M, States D. (2007) Cytoscape ESP: simple search of complex biological networks. Bioinformatics 24: 1465–1466.
- Ashkenazi M and Moshelion M (2007) Shared transcriptional correlations in seed formation and in plants response to drought BMC Bioinformatics, 8(Suppl 8):P5.
- Volkov V , Hachez C, Moshelion M, Draye X Chaumont F and Fricke W (2006) Water permeability differs between growing and non-growing barley leaf tissues. Journal of Experimental Botany 58:377-90.
- Yu L, Becker D, Levi H, Moshelion M, Hedrich R, Lotan I Moran A, Pick U, Naveh L, Libal Y, and Moran N (2006) Phosphorylation of SPICK2, an AKT2 channel homologue from Samanea motor cells. Journal Of Experimental Botany 57: 3583-3594.
- Hachez C, Moshelion M, Zelazny E, Cavez D and Chaumont F (2006) Localization and quantification of plasma membrane aquaporin expression in maize primary root: a clue to understanding their role as cellular plumbers. Plant Mol Biol 62: 305-323.
- Chaumont F, Moshelion M and Daniels M.J (2005) Regulation of plant aquaporin activity. Biology of the Cell 97: 749-764.
- Moshelion M, Moran N and Chaumont F, (2004) Dynamic changes in the osmotic water permeability of protoplast plasma membrane. Plant Physiology 135:2301-17.
- Fetter K, Van Wilder V, Moshelion M and Chaumont F (2004) Interactions between plasma membrane aquaporins modulate their water channel activity The Plant Cell 16: 215-28.
- Moshelion M, Becker D, Hedrich R, Biela A, Otto B, Levi H, Moran N, Kaldenhoff R (2002) Plasma membrane aquaporins in the motor cells of Samanea Saman: diurnal and circadian regulation. The Plant Cell 14:727-39.
- Moshelion M, Becker D, Czempinski K, Mueller-Roeber B, Attali B, Hedrich R and Moran N (2002) Diurnal and circadian regulation of putative potassium channels in a leaf moving organ. Plant Physiology 128:634-42.
- Yu L, Moshelion M and Moran N (2001) Extracellular protons inhibit the activity of inward-rectifying K channels in the motor cells of Samanea saman pulvini. Plant Physiology 127:1310-22.
- Moshelion M and Moran N (2000) K+-efflux channels in extensor and flexor cells of Samanea saman are not identical. Effects of cytosolic Ca2+. Plant Physiology 124: 911-919.
|Name||position||email address||phone no.|
|Sefi geva||M.Sc. student||Yosef.email@example.com||08-9489779|
|Arava Shatil||Ph.D. firstname.lastname@example.org||08-9489779|
|Or Yahalom||Research exercise
|Yana Zaitsev||Research exercise
|Nir Sade||Ph.D. email@example.com||08-9489779|
|Gadi Peleg||Ph.D. firstname.lastname@example.org||08-9489779|
|Ziv Attia||M.Sc. email@example.com||08-9489779|
|Hadas Regev||Research exercise
|Sapir Be||Research exercise
|Offer Halperin||M.Sc. firstname.lastname@example.org||08-9489779|